Who is Christian F. Ziegler? Saturday, July 11, 2009

I don't remember how I learned about the Wisconsin Historical Society. 

 ... I've only explored a small percentage of their holdings. One of my favorite to date is the Wisconsin Genealogy Index with pre-1907 vital records (e.g., births, deaths, and marriages).

I looked at all the records for surname = Ziegler; county = Outagamie. I kept wondering who's this fellow "Christian F. Ziegler" that died in 1903?Through a series of others hints, I finally realized "its my great-great-grandfather!" His full name is Christian Frederich Ziegler. Unsolved mysteries: 1. Julius Ziegler, married May 20, 1890 in Outagamie, WI (who is this?) 2. Theodore Ziegler, born Jan 4, 1894 in Outagamie, WI (who is this?) If you have any info on these people, please let me know. Eventually, I will request the records to see if these mysteries are solvable.

0 comments: