Genealogy Research Trip to Northeastern Wisconsin Summer 2009 Friday, August 28, 2009

In the second to last week of August, I had the luck to travel to Northeastern Wisconsin, specifically the Lower Fox River Valley, or the area from Lake Winnebago to Green Bay, to meet up with living relatives and view the general area in which ancestors from both my maternal and paternal sides settled in the mid to late 1800s. I tried to do as much research ahead of time on salient addresses. I really had no idea what I was in for.... dairy farms, paper mills, lake flies, and ancestors, oh my!

From LAX, I changed planes at ORD (with a walk from one end of the airport to the other), I hopped a small plane to ATW. There was a big storm front in Wisconsin and Michigan; when I arrived at ATW, I learned that my dad's flight had been canceled and he would arrive the next evening instead .... bummer. At least my Bostonian cousins had arrived safely!

0 comments: